Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pun Fun, Belated Birthday Card

A while ago I had to send a birthday card to someone, almost 3 weeks after their birthday!  I felt terrible for forgetting to pop a card in the mail, so I decided to make them smile with a silly little card.  It was Pun Fun to the rescue!

I completely fell in love with this stamp set when I saw it and it's even more fun to work with.  I apologize for the quality of my photos, I had to snap them quickly in my studio with my phone.  Here's the front:


Yup, that's the front!  Hee hee.  I wanted to reinforce the "I'm soooo late" theme.  I stamped this turtle in Archival Black ink.  I did cut the sentiment off the image so I can use the turtle for other events.  (No, I won't ever need the belated birthday sentiment again.  Nope.  I won't!)  Then I turned my attention to the inside:


Yes, this is the inside.  The turtle is again stamped with Archival Black ink and then coloured with our alcohol marker sets.  The markers bleed through, so I stamped him on another piece of cardstock and to make him even more fun, I popped him up with foam tape.  I can't remember the exact colours I used, but I think it's the Olive and Twilight sets. (Can I just say how much I LOVE our alcohol markers?  I do, I love them.  Might just turn into a "colour-er" yet!)

I hope you got a little chuckle out of this card.  I'm sure my recipient did, too.  :)

Happy Creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.