Thursday, May 27, 2010

Unforgettable Moments

I finally got around to scrapbooking my daughter's first real haircut.  My mom used to cut my hair, now cuts my nephews' hair, and of course, had to cut Arianna's.  I had a lot of fun with this layout, just playing with all sorts of aspects, including using an old brads package to house those precious curls.


I did some zigzag stitching for the first time, added lots of distressing along with some My Stickese.  I am trying to use up my older paper kits and after choosing the fun flowered paper that matched Arianna's top so well, I realized that I didn't have enough for the layout.  So I just stamped another one.  Can you tell the difference?

I always get a bit nostalgic when I work on old photos.  Arianna looks so little and still a bit baby-like in these photos, even though she was already 2 1/2.    Here is what she looks like today:


I guess the other reason I'm feeling nostalgic is because she's turning 5 on Sunday and I can hardly believe it!  She's a sweet girl, so smart and imaginative.  She loves school, already reading at an early Grade 1 level even though she's only in Junior Kindergarten!  We love her to bits.  Arianna is really excited about her first friend birthday party and I'm hoping that I can kick my present cold before my family comes on Sunday.
Okay, thanks for letting me ramble on.  I'll quit now. 

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

  1. seriously cute layout. Love how you used the brad container! oh, and your daughter is precious, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.