Sunday, June 27, 2010

June Club Layout: More Family Photos

Here is our last layout for this session of our club.  We start up again in September and there are spaces available, so if you're in my area and would like to join, email or call me today.
I told you in my last post that I had already scrapbooked more photos from our photo session at Parkwood.  My group wanted to do a summery layout and the Splendor paper was perfect.  I love the new Over the Rainbow stamp set and was very happy to be able to use it on this layout

I added a flip flap protector as you can see below.  I have yet to add the journaling under the flap.

I also had fun learning (and then teaching) how to make these great paper flowers.  I got a fabulous tip from another consultant.  Use a piece of paper, cut from a square on the diagonal, to get the perfect fold every time for every petal.  That's a Colonial White Designer Brad on the centre of the large flower and an Autumn Terracotta one on the smaller one.  Then I've also posted a photo of the rainbow.  We sponged the clouds to give them more dimension. 

I hope you like this layout.  It's now one of my new favourites.  So here's a challenge for you.  Put some photos of yourself on a layout.  Tell your story, not just your family's.  Don't have any photos?  Go somewhere (or even stay home) and take some, even if you just give your camera to your kids and let them have fun.  You'd be surprised how you'll feel when it's done.

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

  1. Nice stuff Krista! I agree -- we have to make more of an effort to 'star' in our own pages. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.