Saturday, August 31, 2013

CTMH: September Stamp-of-the-Month Blog Hop, Looking Toward Christmas

Hello and welcome to another Stamp-of-the-Month blog hop!  If you arrived from Brae's blog, you're on the right track.  If you're starting here, just keep hopping until you get back and you'll have feasted your eyes on all the inspiring artwork we've created for you.

I'm writing this post while at the cottage.  We've been enjoying a relaxing week at Trent River Cottages.  But I did bring along some crafting!

This month's stamp set includes two large images.  I don't have a picture of the stamp set here, but I'm sure you've seen it on other blogs along the way.  They make me think of the popular subway art that you see all over the place.  I didn't have a whole lot of product with me, just the Frosted Card-making Workshop-on-the-Go and some shimmer trim.  The third pattern in the kit had the perfect spot for this stamp set.  Here's what I created:


I followed the instructions given in the kit to create the card, but added a bit of red Shimmer Trim.  I stamped the image in Ruby on a smaller piece of cardstock and trimmed around it to just get the part that fit well with the design.  Then I stamped it again in Twilight, trimming out the word "Joy" and popped it on top.   Here's a close up of the layers and the fun bling that comes in the kit:


And here is a close up of the awesome baker's twine that's included as well.  Love the sparkle in it!


Now it's time to hop on over to the other Krista's blog and check out what she's created with this stamp set.  Will it be autumn or winter?  Can't wait to see!

Happy Creating!



10 comments:

  1. Pretty card, like the colors that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I had to pin this one for later. Great job with just a bit of supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Krista!! I LOVE the NEW sparkles and baker's twine :) Can't wait to use it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Krista!! Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card just makes me want to make a cup of cocoa and sit in front of the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.