Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine Gifts for the Teacher ... Or Just a Way to Make Someone's Day

Here we are on part two of the projects I shared on daytime Durham on Thursday!  I had so much fun creating these little packages.

Today's projects are the three burlap bags I decorated up.  These bags are so versatile and really don't need a whole lot to make them look fabulous!  Here are the bags:


Here's what I used on the bags:
Left:  For Always Textiles, Pearl Opaques (retired), Epoxy Bubbles, Rosewood Mini-Medley, Floral Base & Bling (retired).
Centre: Ruby Chevron Ribbon, Ruby cardstock, sanding block, Sarita Accessories, Neutral Metallic Baker's Twine.
Right: Dimensional Elements Hearts (retired), Balloon Ride Accessories, Neutral Metallic Baker's Twine, Creme Brulee dark Alcohol marker, Juniper Alcohol marker, Lagoon light Alcohol marker, and Sorbet Alcohol marker.

As I said on the show, I used Liquid Glass to attach pretty much everything, except the ribbon which was stitched right on the bag.  It's important to remember to stick a piece of cardstock inside the bag before you glue anything on.  You don't want your bag to be glued shut!

These can be filled with all kinds of fun goodies.  Fill them with chocolate hearts, gift card for Tim's or Starbucks, some sweet smelling hand cream or a manicure set, tic tacs and other mints, hand sanitizer and tissues.  Whatever will fit!  

Don't forget about my giveaway on Friday's post!  You have until Sunday at midnight to comment.
Stay tuned for my last Valentine post.

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.