Sunday, November 1, 2009

November SOTM Blog Hop

It's the beginning of a new month and time for a new blog hop!  If you came here from Laurie's blog, you're on the right track.  This month's hop has over 60 CTMH consultants participating.  If you're new to the blog hop, it's very simple.  Once you've looked here, just click on the link for the next blog at the end of this post and hop from blog to blog.  The stamp set we're highlighting today is called Around the Block.  It's full of super cute images that you can use to create houses with sweet windows, doors, shutters, and even window boxes.

Here is my project.  Click on the photo for a better view.


I decided to make a layout instead of a card this time.  I've tried some new techniques on this page, at least they're new to me.  I machine-stitched for the first time on the striped paper and photo mat.  I had no idea it would be so easy!  I'm already looking for a permanent place for my sewing machine in my craft area.  I also used our new soft-set eyelet tool and eyelets.  It was quick and quiet and easier than my Crop-a-dile.  All the stamped images, including the sentiments are from Around the Block.  The paper is from Magic Moments, Level 2.

Here is the photo I'm putting on it, once I get it printed.


I hope you can see where I got the inspiration for the colours I used in my stamped house.  This is my parents' home, the home where I spent a good portion of my growing up years.  And in front is my family.  I love them all and I look forward to framing this layout and using it as wall art in my own home.

Now hop on over to Kathleen's blog for some more inspiration and fun!

Thanks for visiting!  Please leave a comment.  They make my day.
Happy Creating!

23 comments:

  1. this layout is gorgeous. Will be lifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I always mean to get that stitching started but never seem to do it. Great photo as well, thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamping of the bricks on the letters ties everything together. You did a great job recreating your childhood home in the stamped image. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like house you matched the real house! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Krista! Love the use of Magic Moments here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job Krista! I really like the use of the bricks on the title, as well as your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GREAT! I love your layout and the use of the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice page - your photo will look great on there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bricks stamped on the title! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you created the house to look like your childhood home. I will be doing this in the future to showcase my "growing up" home. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, your post made me tear up (shh, don't tell anyone). I love your layout, and I agree, sewing is easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layout shows one of the things that I love best about stamping: you can customize your images to your photos! I love your two-tone house, both real and stamped.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super colors in the layout and think it is very clever how the stamped house matches the real house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout Krista! LOVE it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great page for a keepsake photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess I need to take the plunge and start machine stitching on paper! Beautiful layout!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything about this and the photo is perfect! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great page and what a perfect picture to go with it - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.