Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Club Layout: Our Imperfect Tree

We have a fake tree.  It was a difficult decision, but when Nathaniel was just over a year, he was into everything and I had visions of pine needles being spread all over the house.  We found one at Michaels, discounted because the lights didn't work.  The great thing is, the tree never had any lights!  Something written on the box got us a great deal.  Hee, hee!
This year our kids really got into decorating our tree, which resulted in a far-from-perfect tree, but I think it turned out beautifully.  Sure, all our little snowmen are hanging on one branch.  Sure, a pile of ornaments are facing into the tree instead of out.  And despite the fact that one string of lights stopped working just hours after we finished, I really did love our tree.


This layout is the one my club made last Friday.  I love the way it turned out.


The tree is made of 1" strips of paper that were cut on diagonals in different lengths.  I purposely put them in the wrong order and a little on edge because of my imperfect theme.  Even my journaling is a little imperfect, although not on purpose!  We used the Mistletoe paper pack, some sparkles, Glitz Glitter Gel, the October Stamp-of-the-Month (Sharing the Magic), and lots of ink distressing in Cocoa. 


The title circle was cut and embossed using my new Nestabilities, and then popped with 3-D Foam Tape.


The little white spots on the above photo shows the Glitz we added for more bling!  Don't forget to do a layout about your tree, no matter how perfect.

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.