Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CTMH: Guest Book

We are busy getting ready to head to Guatemala on Saturday, but I really wanted to put up a post about artwork before my focus changes to our trip.
We've had some issues with our photos and photo storage and so I've been going through some old photos and sort of streamlining how they are organized.  I know, not something I really need to be doing right now, but sometimes I just need a break from all that's spinning around in my head!
Anyway, I came across these photos of Close To My Heart's 3-ring binder.  I made this to celebrate my dad's 66th birthday.  We had a big party for him.  Why on his 66th?  Well, I'm sheepishly hanging my head right now, we never got around to planning a party for his 65th.  Better late than never, right?


Here is the front.  I used images from a couple of stamp sets, the majority from the June 2010 Stamp-of-the-Month, Wonderful Friend.  The sentiment is from a set called A Little Everything, I think.  The colours of inks and papers are based on the Back Country paper pack.  Most of this is cardstock, but you can see one strip of patterned paper on the front.
Below are photos of the inside, where I stamped more images from the Wonderful Friend stamp set and used a line stamp from Comments.  People wrote messages to my dad on all these pages.





And of course I had to decorate the spine and back as well.  All of that is Olive cardstock stamped with Olive ink.  I also used Outdoor Denim cardstock and buttons with hemp, Cocoa cardstock and Barn Red cardstock.  The stamping on the front is done with Cocoa ink and some Outdoor Denim in second generation.  These four colours are used for the stamping inside as well, all in second generation, except the lines.  I love how it turned out.  My dad did, too.
Most of these items are now retired, but I hope this still inspires you in some way.

Until I post again from the Country of Perpetual Spring,
Happy Creating!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. So sad that the little mini binders were discontinued. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.