Sunday, February 19, 2012

Guatemala: We're Here & Raring to Go!

We touched down in Guatemala yesterday, after having our flight delayed for de-icing. Our connecting flight in El Salvador waited for us and all our bags made it on board, too.
 We have the largest team we've ever travelled with, 41 Canadians and with our Guatemalan friends joining us we're up to almost 50 people! That doesn't include the translators who will join us tomorrow.
 Today, we did an amazing job getting things prepped. The dental team made sure their equipment was working. The medical team got their supplies together and then helped where they were needed. The distribution team had lots of help sorting through boxes and boxes of clothing and other items. Our pharmacy team bagged vitamins and other meds. We did so well that every last vitamin has been put in a bag of 30. Usually we have to do more of them during the week. We even prepped our parasitic medication, albendazole. How many children's chewable vitamins? 54,000, all bagged in just 4 hours!
Now, after spending the rest of the day in Antigua, and getting to know each other better, we are ready for a good night sleep. We hit the ground running tomorrow morning with our first clinic site.
I'll try my best to post some photos tomorrow. But if you'd like see some sooner, you can send me a friend request on Facebook. I've been posting on my profile page quite regularly. Just tell me you were on my blog. Here's a link to my profile. I hope it works. http://facebook.com/krista.posthumusritskes?refid=7&pos=1. I'm doing this on my phone, so we'll see how it works. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.