Saturday, October 6, 2012

Artiste Goody Bags

I've probably mentioned before that my kids are crazy about dinosaurs.  My son, Nathaniel, had his birthday on the 20th and we celebrated with his classmates last Sunday afternoon.  I had wanted to use the fun key on the Artiste with all the outer space-themed party decorations and such, buuuuut, Nathaniel wanted dinosaurs, so I pulled out the Roar! stamp set.  When this set came out last year, both my kids had lots of fun playing with it and I must admit, I LOVED playing with it this time, too.  :)

It took a bunch of tries to find a box that would fit the items I bought for the goody bags.  This carton, on page 37, worked perfectly!  I used Cricut Craft Room to stretch it as large as it would go so I'm really not sure what size I cut it.

First, I cut it out of 4 different colours.  Then I stamped images from Roar! in Cocoa and Chocolate on both sides. (I took these photos with my iPhone so they're not like my usual ones, but they're all gone, so I can't do re-takes.)


I assembled them, no adhesive needed (yay!), and filled it with dollar store dinos and "egg" candy. (Isn't that bigger dino so cute?)


Then I cut a tag with the Art Philosophy cartridge from bamboo cardstock and stamped the T-rex on it, leaving a space to write names.  I tied it onto the box with some natural hemp and all done!  Here they are:


The kids liked them, at least I think they did.  4 and 5-year-olds don't really "exclaim" over things like this.  But I think they turned out super cute.

I completely forgot to take a photo of the invites.  They were just a postcard cut from Bamboo and printed with the info, then stamped with these same images.

Supplies Used:
Artiste Cricut Cartridge
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Cardstock: Olive, Garden Green (retired), New England Ivy, Sweet Leaf, Bamboo
Ink: Chocolate, Cocoa
Roar!
Natural Hemp

I just have to take a sec to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers!  I'm looking forward to spending time with family, eating lots of yummy turkey and, for the first time, attending the Norwood Fair!

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I wish I lived close enough to take some of your classes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.