Wednesday, October 31, 2012

CTMH Blog Hop: November SOTM

Welcome to another Stamp-of-the-Month blog hop!  If you came from Sarita's blog, you're on the right path.

October has just flown by.  I've had two weekend crops, preparations for our next medical mission trip to El Salvador, Halloween costumes to make (which as I type this are STILL not done!), school board meetings to attend and minutes to type up, along with all the ordinary day to day things.  Oh, and I celebrated my birthday, too.  It's just been busy.  Anyone else feeling the same way?  Okay, enough ... on to the artwork!

Here is the stamp set we're using this month:


I had grand plans to make a scrapbook layout about my son with this stamp set, using it in what I hoped would be neat ways, but other things took precedence.  Instead, I sat down yesterday afternoon and made a quick card that I hope still uses the stamps in a neat way.  Here is my card, using a White Daisy card base:



I put all the month words on one block and stamped it twice in Champagne ink.  The 365 was stamped in Ruby and the 24 and 7 in Cranberry.  I added some washi tape, from a Simon Says card kit.  I LOVE washi tape, so fun!  Then I hand-wrote the sentiment.  I hope it inspires you to try something different.  A lot of what I did was outside what I would normally do, especially writing my own sentiment!  My challenge to you is to try something new.  You never know how it'll turn out.

Now you can hop on over to Pamela's blog and drool over her fabulous artwork!

Happy Creating!

10 comments:

  1. Love how you've created your sentiment !

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is ADORABLE!!! How creative!!! Thank YOU for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a creative way to use these stamps!! I just LOVE this! THANKS for inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome card! Love the touch of your handwriting...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Krista... often the quick cards are the best cards... this one is the best!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! The simplicity is awesome and really puts the stamps in the spotlight. NICE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.