Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Paper Rose and Burlap Wreath

Wow, did I ever love making this wreath!  As I said on daytime Durham, I'm really starting to enjoy making Home Decor with my paper supplies.  If you've been following my blog for a while, you also know that I adore burlap, so when I saw some burlap wreaths on Pinterest I knew I just had to make one.

Here it is, hanging on my door.  (I finally took down my Christmas one!)


I used a wreath form and a roll of burlap from Michaels.  I love the smell of the burlap!  The roses are all cut from the Artiste cartridge, Key F, Accent 2.  The two biggest flowers are cut at the largest possible size.  Love rolling BIG flowers.  The smaller ones are cut from Chantilly paper, at various sizes.  I also used Blush, Buttercup and Cotton Candy cardstock.  For this time, I glued the flowers together using a hot glue gun so it went pretty quick.  Here's a close up of the flowers:


Inside the big flowers I added some pearl opaques as well as pearl badge buttons.


After the flowers were hot glued on, I wrapped some Sweet Leaf Grosgrain ribbon around the top a couple times, tied a bow and added some more hot glue.  My glue gun is getting a workout!

I hope this project gets you in a springy mood.  It's definitely beginning to look and feel like spring here and that makes me happy.

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.