Monday, September 23, 2013

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #22: Too Cool

Hello again!  I'm busy getting ready for my cropping event.  I hold a fundraising crop once or twice a year to raise money for our trips to Central America.  If you've been following my blog for a while, you've read posts about them.  We're heading back to El Salvador in November (more about that in a later post) and so we've got another crop on Saturday.  I love these events.  It's just so much fun!  If you've never attended an all-day crop, you have GOT to go and soon.  I may have some room for you still, so if you're interested, let me know.

Enough about that, on to the Atlantic Hearts sketch for this week.  Here's number 22:


Isn't that a fun one?  Here's the card I made with it:


I was completely inspired by a card I found in one of my Papercrafts issues.  I cut the base and the circle piece on my Cricut.  The circle piece I created in Cricut Craft Room. (Love CCR!)  Before I attached the circle piece I wrapped six different pieces of washi tape around the base. (Adore washi tape!)  The sentiment is stamped in Archival Black ink.  The circle piece is attached with foam tape so it has added dimension.  Here's a close up:


You can see the sparkle I added as well.  That little guy is left over from the new Frosted card kit from Close To My Heart.  The washi tape is from all over.

So, now it's your turn.  Create a card, layout, home decor item, neat little giftie, whatever you'd like using the sketch and link it up here.  You might win a Top Three spot!

Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. I love the effect the Washi Tape provides. This is so super fun, thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright bold colours in your card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.