Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy Birthday with Washi Tape and Roar!

Today is my son's birthday.  As of 5:30 this evening, he will be 6 years old!  Hard to believe.  He's so fun, most of the time.  ;)


He's my silly, cuddly, expressive, dino- and machine-loving, snuggly, bundle of energy and he's my favourite boy.  Okay, he's my only boy so I can say that.  I love him to bits!  He certainly keeps things interesting in our home.  

I made this quick card for him yesterday and popped it in his backpack before he left for school today.
 

I used strips of washi tape, from lots of different companies, choosing lots of green and all the gray I could find because those are his favourite colours.  The dinosaur is from a stamp set called Roar!  The "ribbon" is two strips of washi folded in half and stapled to the tag, which I popped up.  T-rex is stamped in Topiary and rolled in New England Ivy.  I guess I should have used a different Black ink or waited a bit before I stamped it because it ended up running a bit.  Oh well, my boy won't care.  I'm living with the imperfection.  :)

Now, I'm off to make (or find in my stash) an "official" birthday card and wrap some presents.

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.