Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Basket

Hello!  Welcome to my blog.  If you're here because you saw my segment on daytime Durham yesterday, you're in the right spot.  Here is the project we made on the show:


I had so much fun coming up with a quick and easy project to complete on air.  When I need quick and easy, I go to my Cricut.  Every piece for this little basket was cut with the Artiste and Art Philosophy cartridges.  Here are the instructions:

1.  Cut the basket, using Buttercup cardstock.  Use the Artiste cartridge, page 73.  3-D creative function, Spring/Easter key, at 2 1/4".
2.  Cut the handle, using a piece of patterned paper.  (I used Chantilly.)  Use Shift, and the same key and function, at 2 1/4" as well.
3.  Cut the grass, using green patterned paper.  Use Accent 3 function, Shift, same key, Fit to Length mode, at 11".  
4.  Cut the tag, using cardstock.  Use the Art Philosophy cartridge, page 39. Use Shift, Tag function, key, at 2 1/4".
5.  Assemble the box following the instructions in the provided booklet.
6.  Adhere the grass, but just applying adhesive to the very bottom.  You can use your finger to curl the tips out a bit.
7.  Attach the handle with two brads the same colour.
8.  Stamp your sentiment on the tag.  I used Twilight ink.
9.  Tie your tag onto the handle using Baker's Twine.  I used Smoothie.
10.  Fill with some sweet grass and yummy treats!

Here's another look.


If you make something like this, let me know by posting your link in the comments.  I'd love to see it!  Stay tuned, because I'll be posting photos of my paper rose wreath soon.

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day.